Chad Selweski is a freelance writer and blogger with a centrist point of view from suburban Detroit, Macomb County (population 870,000), home of the “Reagan Democrats.” Selweski worked as the political reporter for The Macomb Daily for 30 years.
- Earned 53 journalism awards for the newspaper from organizations such as the Associated Press, United Press International, Michigan Press Association, Detroit Chapter of SPJ, Detroit Press Club, Suburban Newspapers of America, and the State Bar of Michigan.
- Was named by Politico.com in 2014 as one of the “Media Stars” in seven political battleground states.
- Received in 1998 the highest honor ever granted to a Macomb Daily journalist, the SNA’s National Suburban Journalist of the Year award.
- Covered the 2000 presidential election recount in Florida, from Tallahassee and Palm Beach County.
- Interviewed numerous national figures, including President George H.W. Bush, Hillary Clinton, Mitt Romney, Colin Powell, Rudy Giuliani, Al Gore, Nancy Pelosi, Corey Booker, Howard Dean, Dennis Hastert, Reince Priebus, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Tom Perez, Ronna Romney McDaniel, Carly Fiorina, Gen. Wesley Clark, Steve Forbes, Mike Dukakis, Richard Gephardt and Gen. Barry McCaffery.